Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 20, 2009

Wanna Be An American Idol

I was visiting one of my favorite blog sites, , and she had been window shopping at another blog site and found a challenge. I had to pick up the gauntlet and do it too...since today is Friday and so I found myself at Mama's Losing It. I had to chose number 1 for my challenge:

1. If you were starring on American Idol TONIGHT and HAD to sing, what song would you choose and why. I do sing and so I have of course always dreamed of being on something like American Idol...only the fear of rejection has always kept me from trying. I really don't like the way Simon treats the singers. I lived a life not measuring up in my mothers eyes....so I don't need anyone else to tell me I am good....or bad. I would sing "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban. I love the song and do it very well. I think the message it has is so powerful. I guess I could say it is my mantra song. I want my family and friends to know that I believe the lyrics with all my heart. The first verse and chorus are so powerful:


When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;

When troubles come and my heart burdened be;

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,

Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up: To more than I can be.
The song lets ME know that I can soar with the eagles and do not have to walk on the ground with the turkeys. Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Jacki said...

I LOVE that song!

Sweet Tea said...

And if you did I would call and vote for you 100+ times!!!

I bet even Simon would think you are Mah-ve-lous!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Beleive in yourself!

I would sing,...hmmm.....I think a Pat Benetar song? Maybe Sheryl Crow.

Ms. Marty said...

This is really getting more and more interesting. I, too, love to sing; however, I do not sing in any sort of public way. But I sing with all my heart at worship services (the place that matters the most) and when I am in the car alone. I am one of those people that "talk" to themselves!! And would you believe that "You Lifw Me Up" is also a favorite. The version I heard first was by Selah and so I kind of lean toward it, but Josh Groban is too awesome at anything he sings.

I do hope your parents are getting along rather well. I feel for you. My Mom lived with us the last 15-16 months before she died and I still miss her so much and it has been 10 years. You sound like you have a heart that is so very tender and gentle. And yes, our Lord and Savior will carry you through the valley and stay with ypu until you reach the mountain top. Even then He still remains by your side. What an awesome feeling knowing that He is with us at all times, be they bad or be they good.

Have faith, my friend.

KatBouska said...

Thanks for playing! That is a great song and I think you should just go for it. You have nothing to lose and you'll never look back and wonder "what if". GO FOR IT!!!