One of my teacher buddies introduced me to the finer laws on the books in Alabama. I could not believe him when he told me about these laws....so I had to go and check them out myself. I was embarrassed when I found them and began reading them. The only thing that made me feel better was the fact that every state in the union has some just as idiotic as these. So...since it is Friday I thought I would share a few with you....to begin your weekend with a chuckle. Did you know that.....
1. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
2. Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
3. You may not drive barefooted.
4. It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.
5. It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.
6. Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.
7. Masks may not be worn in public.
8. Putting salt on a railraod track may be punishable by death. (Come on!)
9. Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
10.Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
11.It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.
12.Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.
13.It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
14.You must have windshield wipers on your car.
15.You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
I have to laugh to think that many of these even made it to law. What were our lawmakers thinking? or were they? Griefus....if you want some more entertainment....and you don't live in Alabama....go check out dumblaws.com and enjoy the humor. If you ARE from Alabama there are more laws listed. They even have some listed for different cities in Alabama. Have a great weekend!....and obey the laws.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
8 months ago