Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fabulous Friday


Friday is a comin'...and then Saturday will be here....where does my weekend go? I am a busy person...and sometimes I wonder if I am not too busy. I love the activity....but sometimes I just like to stop and read a good Nora Roberts novel. This is one of those weekends...I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I just finished my to do list for school on Friday....before I leave at half a day....AND...tomorrow night I...well the group I sing with.....WE are opening for Country Music Legend and Hall of Fame Great....George Jones! I am as nervous as a squirrel at revival. I cannot believe that tomorrow night is going to happen...I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not asleep. Now...I must confess...I am not a George Jones fan....but I do know who he is...what he does....and some of his songs....the most important thing here...is that he is somebody.....somebody that people pay good money to come and hear...and in doing so....will in turn here me. Ooops...there goes my stomach again. Every time I think about being on the stage at the civic center....I get jack hammers in my stomach....either that or humongous butterflies.
Saturday at 7 a.m. I will be blowing up some helium balloons, then it is off to a birthday party....(of which I am one of the celebratees), then to 280 Boogie in Waverly, AL....I love this...there is stuff, crafts, food, music....works for me!....then home for a small rest before meeting the DJ at 6:30. Prom will be...whether I am ready for it or not. I think I am ready. Sunday at 3....we clean up the mess we have worked on all week. It will take a couple of hours to tear down what we have built over the last 50 hours. I find that amazing....then it is back to work on Monday. Where did the weekend go? I have to admit...I wouldn't really have it any other way....I thrive on this chaos sometimes. Have a Happy Weekend....and pray for a safe prom.

No comments: