Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 16, 2009

T - Minus 3 days and counting

Today is Thursday, Saturday is a comin', and I am a scrambling. Scrambling to get the final touches done for the prom. Once again I find myself as prom sponsor...this time for a final time. I have taught at BRHS for 20 years and been prom sponsor for 13 of those....I think, now that I have turned 55, that it is time for someone else to have a go at it. My creative juices are all dried up. This year has been especially fun....I have some parents. Mrs. McCombs and her classes, Mrs. Parks and her classes, the cheerleaders, and Mrs. Fagan and her classes and countless other teacher buddies who have been life savers as far as working. I do not know what I would do without the help of the ones who give up their time to paint, chaperon, take tickets, give out prizes, and pour drinks for thirsty dancers. I have also got to give one special shout out for Trissie Mixon. I don't know what I would have done without her. She does not even have a child going through this...she is just there....painting....building....designing. I have loved having her around. She is a 90 graduate of our school....and has worked like a trouper. But...lets talk about the week in general...On Monday, my first block class went down and worked half the period....and got so much done it was scary. Third block went down and finished up what first block missed.Tuesday we accomplished even more...and worked after school til nearly 8 getting the back drop built. Weds. was hectic....and we painted the backdrop after school. The back drop, btw, is a 20 something foot painting of 3 paned windows. The kids will walk in front of....for lead out. Lets talk about lead out. Lead out at our school is the social event of the year. People from all walks of life come to watch the kids walk out in the prom....so many of them come...that most of the kids don't even show up until 9...to give the viewers time to leave....ahhhh the life in a small town. Today is Thursday, Saturday is a comin' sooner, ....and the rental company is delivering all the final touches....we will have tables to set up and decorate, floor to lay, a dance floor to assemble, columns to place.....and the list goes on and on....but...no matter what all is still left....and at 7, Saturday morning....I will be there blowing up balloons...nopefully with the help of a few parents...it will be a magical night. It amazes me everytime....how it is so hectic....and then....I turn around, breathe it in, and it just is. I guess that is like life...when we are stressed to the max....and life is so hectic....we need to stand back...take a deep breath....and just let it be....magical! I wish for you all...magic today! I know I can use some. Happy Dancing!

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

Wow, sounds like prom is a really huge deal there! I'm sending some magic wishes your way!

We have another boutique on Saturday...it is so sweet that you have our button up - I guess I better get to work!

I hope you have a wonderful day!