Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teachable Tuesday Thought 2

" I am a teacher! What I do and say are being absorbed by young minds who will echo these images across the ages. My lessons will be immortal, affecting people yet unborn, people I will never see or know. The future of the world is in my classroom today, a future with the potential for good or bad. The pliable minds of tomorrow's leaders will be molded either artistically or grotesquely by what I do." Here's hoping I do a good job.

You know, "I wake up every morning determined both to change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning the day a little difficult." E. B. White

I want to die...thinking that I had the greatest ride of all...and it was all worth it. Every single day I walked into a classroom...was worth the pain, the tears, the fears, and the anger....but most of all....the compassion. We are all teachers of some sort....do your best!

4 comments:

B said...

Love that last paragraph. Words for us to all think about and hopefully live by.

Sweet Tea said...

I think ol' E.B. had the right idea. And I totally agree with you that we are ALL teachers; a great responsibility!

Mary said...

Great thoughts, and I agree 100%!!

Xazmin said...

I love teachers! Thank you!