Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, July 24, 2009

Aquapalooza Starts Today

If today is Friday, and it is, then Aquapalooza starts today. Am I going? There is not enough money on God's green earth to make me venture into the water with 3000 other boats to see a concert...even Alan Jackson, Jimmy Buffet, and Kid Rock. I will watch it from the safety of my home on Sept 3rd when it airs on CMT. Aquapalooza in the past has been a big event and I have attended...but this year I don't have a good vibe about it. I don't like the fact that for two nights boaters are on the water...over 30,000 people are expected....over 3000 boats....and when the concert ends....all these people....that have been drinking since 11:00 in the morning...if not before....will fire up the engines of their boats and try to leave. THAT is what frightens me. Many years ago, the Fourth of July fireworks show was held at Kowliga. We lived on the lake, we had a boat, so we went. I have never been so afraid as I was when everyone tried to leave at one time. We were in a pontoon boat and I had my kids with me and by the time we got home I vowed never again would I do this. So, Saturday night...while everyone is at the lake and in the water enjoying Alan Jackson...I am going to be at the local movie theater watching the movie G-Force. I can't wait to see the little mice say, "poop in his hand." If you are planning to attend the concert...please be careful and enjoy. Tell Alan I am a big chicken. If you want to check it out visit Aquapalooza.com or click and follow. Have fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear you say this! A few years ago, I was also talked into watching July 4th fireworks from a boat. Not being a big boater in the first place, I was a little nervous the whole time. Then it came time to leave. I was so scared! Never again. I've received a lot of flak for not going out on the boat, but I trust my gut.