Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5th in San Diego

Morning has broken. Today is Sunday. My favorite day but in San Diego it is July 5th another NEA-RA business day. Caucus is in session and as you can see I am not paying attention. I am blogging on paper so I can put it on the computer when I get to the convention center because I do not have any internet connection on my lap top. Curses! President Peggy Mobley gave us some alarming news. The wife of one of the NEA Directors/State Delegates - from Illinois had an accident yesterday involving a peddy taxi. The taxi, in which she was riding, took a curve to quickly and she was thrown out on her head. She is currently in a local hospital here in San Diego on life support. My warning to you all is please hold on and be careful if you find yourself riding one of these peddy taxis. I would hate for this to happen to you...or someone you love. The three ladies in my picture are from the Alabama delegation and they are riding in a peddy taxi. Looks like they are having a blast...but looks can be deceiving! **Update-the 60 year old retired school teacher wife of the Illinois State Delegate died earlier today. There is a wreath on his seat and we had a moment of quieet reflection. The meeting ran long today and did not end until after 6:00. I did not do well on my diet today. I did fine until supper. We ate at Kansas City BBQ - where the bar scene in Top gun was filmed. I ate BBQ, beans, and onion rings and thought I had died and gone to heaven. The food was a culinary delight. Back home to the metel and I told a few ASP stories to a group from Alabama and Utah. After all, stand up comedy and teaching are what I do best! Have a wonderful evening!

No comments: