Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1st in San Diego

Today was our first official day. We were at the Convention Center early for registration and exhibits. I love this day! It is the day I officially become a delegate for the National Education Association Representative Assembly. This is a great responsibility for me, personally. It is a time that I can make an impact on the lives of our nations children. This is the 147th Annual Meeting of the NEA, 147 years is a long time for such a group. After we went to the convention center we picked up our car and headed over to Coronado Island. My objective was to see the Hotel del Coronado, the island itself, and the beach. It was breathtaking! The only drawback for me was driving over the bridge to the island. I almost died when I realized how high and long this bridge was. Now you are sitting there thinking - So? Well it is a huge deal for me. I am terrified of high, long bridges. This dates back to my Florida childhood days and the Skyline Bridge in Tampa. I was ON this bridge when a barge hit the pilings and a bus went into the water. ANYWAYS...going over the bridge I felt my old friend fear rearing his ugly head. I could feel panic gripping me. I bagan chanting, "I can do this!" Before I knew it I was on the island and my racing heart slowed to normal. The return trip was a piece of cake. We attended our first state caucus and then went to eat supper at the Fish Market on North Harbor Drive. This wonderful restaurant is located in the parking lot of the USS Midway museum. AWESOME! The food was AWESOME! If you are ever in San Diego - eat at the Fish Market(and for my B'ham readers this is not the Fish Market in Birmingham.)...but the food is excellent, the service and view are wonderful too. We saw the most gorgeous sunset on the bay. Back to the hotel for shut eye. What a great day! See you all when I get back!

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

I'm so thrilled for you Karen! I too am terrified of long, high bridges! Well of heights in general!

I hope you have a fabulous time, and a wonderful 4th!