Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2nd

Up early - our third business session complete with voting for NEA Resolutions Committee members was off and running. Tonight is the Human and Civil Rights Dinner and Dr. Reed and Dr. Hubbert are getting a special award for our merger. Today from 10:00-11:30 there is a town meeting with the Secretary of Education - Arne Duncan. He will be sharing his views with the body and listening to ours. The NEA President - Dennis Van Roekel will moderate. This meeting is part of the Secretary's Listening Tour across America. Well...plans change big time - I spent my day holed up in a room putting together a daily newsletter for the Alabama Caucus. We worked all day and finished up about 5 at the convention center. A quick trip back to the Marriott and I am dressed on back on the bus headed for the Human and Civil Rights Banquet. Dr. Hubbert and Dr. Reed will be getting the H. Councill Trenholm Memorial award for their work - in 1969 these two men were instrumental in merging the ASTA and the AEA to form the AEA as it is today. I was very proud to be part of this great organization. We got home at 11 and I redid the newpapers errors so it could be printed in the morning. Night all!

No comments: