Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Praying for Polly

I just found out via facebook that my sweet aunt Polly is having bypass surgery this morning. Polly is in her late 70's, early 80's. She is the widow of my mother's oldest brother, Willie. They had five boys. Stanley, the oldest is actually older than my Uncle Larry. I always thought that was funny as a kid. I could not understand how come a cousin was older than an uncle. Wally is next and he is close to my age. He is married to Donna, lives in McCalla, and they have two children. Arlen was next and he is survived by his wife Rita and their two children. Jerome is next to the baby....he lives in Indiana and has two children. Wendell is the baby. Wendell is married to Debbie and they live in Birmingham and have two children as well. My Aunt Polly's house has always been full of love and Christ. I am asking you all to pray for her today that God will use the surgeons to do what needs to be done. I have a class to teach this morning at CACC. I am filling in for the regular Spanish teacher and then I have a P R & R Commission meeting at 12 in Montgomery. My day is full. My prayers are with you aunt Polly. God bless you real good!

Update-Polly came through the surgery fine. She will have to stay in ICU for 24 hours and then she will be moved to a private room. The doctor was very pleased with her outcome. Whooo...Guess what else? I won two tickets to see "Beehive" at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. I won them off of facebook from Mix 103. It is one of my favorite shows...they have a husband and wife team - J.T. and Leanne and I adore listening to them. Can't wait to see the play. I will have something to post about for sure.

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

My prayers are extended for Polly. May she heal and recover well.

Kelly said...

Hope your Aunt Polly is doing well. Congrats on the tickets. I once called in to a radio station for concert tickets to a show I really wanted to go to, the caller needed to be number 25 and I was 24. We're going to see the band Collective Soul in Biloxi in September. I'm excited because one of the band members is married to the daughter of a friend. Should be lots of fun.