Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls


I read voraciously during the summer. It is like I am a starved individual dying for something to eat. I read anything I can get my hands on. My friend Mary loves to read too and she loaned me a book last week called the Glass Castle. It is by a contributor to MSNBC named Jeannette Walls. The book is awesome. This is a poignant memoir of her childhood. Ms. Walls grew up living in a car, cardboard boxes, doing without food, without the simple things we take for granted. She definitely learned how to pack light and strikes me as the kind of person who does not get to attached to material things. Walls parents are a free spirited couple who instilled an intense desire to be somebody in her young mind. She lived a life where survival meant being able to take care of herself. There is also a video clip on you tube of Walls and her mother. This is a must read book for the summer. If you are a woman (or anyone) and you need a swift kick in the pants to quit feeling sorry for yourself....this book is for you.

No comments: