Frank preached about Heaven yesterday and it was a great service. He gave us ten reasons we should want to go to heaven and I believe you me...I am so there. After Church we went to the cemetary and met the Baptist Church there and had a sweet Memorial Day Remembrance.
1. A New Body - 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. I will be pain free and perfect. There will be no flaws in me. How cool is that and who would want to give that up. My Uncle Wilson lost his leg when I was younger....I can just see him now...dancing a jig with two perfectly good limbs and it makes me smile.
2. A New Home - John 14:1-3. Wow...a custom built home waiting for me. I will be having my own personal Extreme Home Makeover. As I sat there a song came passing through and I hummed it all day. You may know it ....it goes "This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through. My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckoned me from heavens golden(not sure if that is the right word) and I can't feel at home in this world anymore. I think the fact that this is NOT my final home is pretty awesome too.
3. Great Food - Matthew 8:11. Audio Adrenalin do a song called My Father's House...and they discribe it with "It's a big, big house...with lots and lots of room, it's a big, big table...with lots and lots of food." I can imagine sitting with the saints gone before and eating....and discussing. Awesome.
4. I Will Meet People of the Bible - Matthew 8:11 - I can talk to Paul and Silas, Moses, Noah...and have I got some questions.
5. Seeing Our Loved Ones - That is what I am looking forward to the most. I Thessalonians 4:13-17
6. A Perfect World - Revelation 21 - No more strife, no more sorrow....sigh....perfect.
7. The No-Mores - 1 Corinthians 15:26 - see number six. "There will be peace in the valley for me..."
8. The Last Time We Fall - Phil. 2:10 - Believe me...I will be falling on my knees....and that is the only falling I will be doing.
9. Worship Service Continually - Rev. 5:11-14, 7: 9-12, 19: 1-8 -...Talk about ONE AWESOME PRAISE AND WORSHIP opportunity. I have been fortunate enough to attend two Billy Graham crusades in my life and let me tell you....that was one of the most awesome events I have ever witnessed (it even beats front row seats to see James Taylor - and that was pretty amazing in itself)...but to have the chance to worship with ALL Christians and it not matte what denomination they are...and the disciples...and Jesus....WHOA!
10. See God - Job 19:26, I John 3:2, John 14:3 - I don't know about you...but I can't wait. I hope you have a blessed Sunday. I know I have....and it is not even over.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
8 months ago