Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, August 9, 2010

Hop-A-Long Korb Rides Again

I did not attempt work today.  At 9 last night the pain was so intense I was crying.  Two Tylenol P.M.'s did the trick and I slept until 8 this morning.  I took Advils on a regular basis and stayed off the leg most of the day.  By 8 tonight it felt good enough to attempt a shower.   I am going to work tomorrow....so I have everything out and ready....and called my boss to make sure the elevator was on so I did not have to attempt the stairs.  I am going with the walker. I have decided that I don't need to let pride get in the way here.  I will just look like an old lady tomorrow.  Frank has been neighing all day when I asked for something.  Larry, one of the Rock Mills members, told me yesterday to ride the pity pony as long as I can.  I have to admit...everytime Frank neighs I find it extremely funny.  He has been a great nurse.  I have had meals delivered in bed....or on the couch.  I have never wanted for something to drink.  He has been a dear....which is probably more than I could say about myself.  This has been a true learning experience for me....to let others do for me.....when in need.  Keep the prayers coming that I will make it through the day tomorrow....and that the foot and knee will continue to heal.  Sigh!

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good luck hun!! It's not great timing but don't push it if you are hurting. These things take a while to heal and if you push it, it will just take longer. Seriously!!!

Hugs and prayers!!

Mary said...

Yep, milk it for all it's worth!