Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Unexpected Pleasures

Today, when I got home from school Frank had supper cooked....this was nice since I had three classes of tests to grade plus three classes of portfolios.  Sigh...that is what happens when you have to be out.  You give the students work and somebody has to grade it.  I came in crashed on the couch.  I was exhausted.  Frank told me that whenever I was ready he would put the noodles on.  I just wanted to veg.  While I was vegging....he dropped to one knee beside me (and no he did not propose....he did that a long time ago.)....nope....he told me that he was aware that I had had a lot on me....my mom, court, falling, moving, leaving my friends.....and he brought out a jewelry box from behind his back  I opened it excitedly and there....inside the box was a beautiful sterling silver cross with a heart on it.  I cried.  Men...you can't live with them sometimes....but you definitely can't live without him.  Ok...all you southern girls...you know what to say, "Ah isnt he precious?"  Well...right now....I think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Thank you baby for the unexpected gift....it made my day.  Whatever I did to deserve this man....I hope I never stop.

4 comments:

Trina said...

OK...so I missed this post until NOW. And I'm all teary eyed! Frank is a precious man.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what a keeper he is! How sweet and thoughtful. I'm glad that he recognizes when a gal just needs a bit of pampering. Love your pretty cross and with the sweet thought behind that I know you wouldn't trade it for the hope diamond.

Mary said...

What a sweetheart! That necklace is gorgeous!

Tina said...

He is so sweet and understanding!
And I love your ticker!!