My friend over at 2nd Cup of Coffee took a brief sabbatical from Random Dozen over the summer and I missed her prompts. She has been back at it for a couple of weeks and I have been to busy to check in with her. Tonight I thought I would take a shot at her comments and see how I would respond. Some of these answers/prompts were hard....some I could just flip off....some I could have spoken volumes on. Hope you enjoy my random ramblings.
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?...oooo...that is hard. I teach Spanish and love the food....guacamole (homemade)....Tamales (from Solly's Tamales in Vixburg), Black Bean soup, enchiladas(made by Frank).
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?...oh if you were Wilma's child...procrastination was not in your vocabulary. You came home from school....I did get to watch Dark Shadows...then it was homework until supper....then piano practice time.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? IKEA...LOVE THAT PLACE!
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Nope...and even now...I teach in a high school and do not like school lunches. I don't eat succotash....I don't like lima beans....but one day...I drank my milk and put the succotash in the milk carton....somebody tattled on me...and she came up, opened my milk carton, poured the now milky mess on my tray...and made me sit there til I ate every bite. I hate succotash even more now than I did then. I sat at the table alone...for one hour....gagging while I tried to eat that stuff.
Whatever the object lesson was here...it was lost on me. I hated lima beans even more afterwards....and felt a strong dislike for Ms. Green my teacher.
5. Is religion a crutch? Not for me. I am a Christian...it is what makes my world go round...Christ and God are the air that I breathe. I cannot imagine life without them in it. I can't imagine life without church....good thing I am a preacher's wife...huh?
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Football! It is the Friday night social event here.
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Monetarily no....in love...oh yes. I am one of the wealthiest women alive.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR - I have been certified to do this...but the idea of someone throwing up in my mouth....not happening!
B) Heimlich Maneuver - I actually did this on a student once...and it worked. We were both pretty surprised.
C) Changing a flat tire - before my dad allowed me to drive alone...I had to learn to change a tire. I can do this...don't like doing it...but can do it.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa - this one...hello....I teach Spanish!
B) Hip Hop - not going to happen. I have two left feet.
C) Waltz- I can do this....actually took ballroom dancing from MaeLynn House with Frank....he is a wonderful dancer...me....not so much.
D) Swing - My nephew, David, and Kat tried to teach this to me....I am a terrible klutz.
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I told my mom that my dad had died. I had to wake her up to tell her. It was the worst thing I have ever done.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. I learned that it does not matter how smart you are...sometimes...it is just what cards you are holding.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? The old Doris Day line...Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be....the future's not ours to see....que sera sera.
Ok...so you have seen my answers...how would you have answered them? Leave me a comment and tell me! Happy Wednesday!