Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

San Diego Here I Come

Sssshhhhh! I got up this morning at 3:30. I have tried to be quiet so I don't wake up the rest of the house. Who in God's green earth schedules a plane ride for this ungodly hour in the morning? I DO! I am one of those who likes to get there and get busy. Everything is sitting by the front door waiting for my ride to arrive in less than ten minutes. I am headed to San Diego today for the NEA=RA(National Education Assoc.=Representative Assembly). It is to quote my friend Steve-O...my big union meeting. We aren't really a union...but we are a powerful organization and there are going to be 10,000+ of us there. It is a time when we decide what needs to be done in education so that the kids get the education that they deserve. It is always an interesting convergence of people. Many states ARE union states, like Michigan. They are always pushing union based ideas...like boycott WalMart because they are non union. Alabama is a right to work state. Many of us live in rural areas where Wal-Mart is our only shopping choice without driving several miles to shop at Target. The rest of the issues deal with class sizes, teacher certification, and things like that. It won't all be work. There will be time for us to explore the great city of San Diego....so I am taking my lap top and planning to do a series of blogs on location. That should be fun! I hope you all have a great day! I hear my ride so I must sign off for now. I am B'ham bound to catch my plan! ¡Adios muchachas! See you on the flip side!

2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Travel safely -
and thanks for taking us along for the ride. Looking forward to your San Diego Blogs!

Ms. Marty said...

Hey Karen,
I, too, was up at early to catch a plane when I left for my mission trip. We left our church building at 4:00 AM. And lucky you!! You are going to my absolute favorite city. San Diego has the MOST WONDERFUL weather in all the world. If I could have tucked it in my suitcase, I would not be dying in this humid, hot Alabama weather. I will be looking forward to reading your San Diego blogs.
Oh, BTW, if you have a chance, go to Little Italy and find a place called Felipi's. It is 150% Italian and go hungry, because they will throw a feed on you. That is where all head when we get back from Mexico.
Enjoy, my friend.