Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Auction Time

Tonight is the Standing Rock Red Barn Auction run by my friends Wayne and Amy King, and Joel and Jane Dollar.  I love going to their auctions.  The stuff is quality.  The bidding is fast and furious and it is just great fun.  Amanda and Johnna are going with me tonight and Frank will come when he gets home from class.  Amanda and I will be coming in from Eufaula.  Our aunt Wanda's mother died and we are going to spend a little bit of time with them because neither of us can go to the viewing or funeral.  The auction tonight was great!  I bought two wing back chairs for the parsonage.  They are not covered wingbacks.  The wing on them is rattan.  They are gorgeous and I cannot wait to see them in the music room (aka formal living room).  I also bought a sterling silver bracelet.  I am a sucker for bling.  Amanda bought a few items and so did Johnna.  Johnna's one prize was a Budweiser neon sign.  She wanted it for her tiki hut by her pool.  It was a really nice light.  Johnna could hardly stand waiting to get it home and installed in it's place of honor.

Mr. Woody is the official "bouncer" at the auction.

Mr. Joel Dollar calls me Mrs. Preacher.  I love this guy.

Some of the girls trying on the hats that are going to be auctioned.

Mrs. Jane and Wayne pre-auction
 

The floor is crowded tonight - standing room only at Standing Rock Red Barn Auction!  Check out their listings at auctionzip.com.  Their number is 31043.  They have some amazing stuff coming up in the April and May auctions.  I can't wait!

This morning when we went to Eufaula I left the cabinet man at the house refinishing my kitchen cabinets.  I can't wait to see them when I get home.  Today was my kind of day!

No comments: