Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Broken

Want to join our favorite free writing exercise of the week? It’s easy and open to anyone.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat on the prompt: “Broken” with no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.

OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:::

Broken…

GO-

Right after Frank and I met a song came out called "Bless the broken road"  I love this song.  It reminds me of Frank and I....and it reminds me of God and I.  My road to God has not always been easy because I have sometimes tried to do it on my own....especially the small stuff.  When I was a child I did set out on a narrow way and my goal, as is the goal of most little girls, was to find true love.  I made some wrong choices but I kept pushing through and eventually I found love (Frank's and God's) along a very broken road.  My road is not always smooth, many times there are cracks that break it, but I am not traveling alone on this road.  God, and Frank, are right there with me.  I am an Easter person.  I love Christmas time but Easter is what it is all about to me.  Christmas is the preparation and Easter is the purpose.  I sing a song occassionally in church called "Broken and Spilled Out."  I love this song and usually cry when I reach the chorus that goes, "Broken and spilled out, just for love of me Jesus,  God's most precious treasure, lavished on me.  Broken and spilled out and poured at my feet, in sweet abandon, Lord you were poured out and used up on me."  The mental visual I get when I hear or sing this song leaves me broken....humbled....and spilled out.

STOP-

No comments: