Our weather here definitely does not feel like Easter. Monday was nasty with fierce thunderstorms and today is cold and bleak. One day the high is 70 and the next day it is 50. No wonder everyone is sick. You just don't know how to dress. Here are this week's questions for the Hodgepodge and my answers. If you want to play along then hop over to Joyce's and link up. We would love to have you. Happy first day of Spring!
1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world? She is a lamb today....instead of meek...she is very bleak. It is colder and dreary here.
2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list? Do you have a 'plan of attack'? Baseboards and windows are my most dreaded clean ups. I may not get to them til summer vacation.
3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em? What's a favorite dish you make using peas? I love peas. I love sugar peas, zipper peas, English peas...and my most favorite dish....is just plain old peas....period.
4. Do you feel under appreciated? At work sometimes I definitely feel under appreciated. I am overlooked often for things I know I can do easily....and others are chosen who struggle with the task. I am one of the senior (oldest) members of our staff and often feel it is because I am not young that I am passed over. Everywhere else in my world I feel very appreciated. I guess it all evens out.
5. Have you been using Google Reader? If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement? If not, how do you read your favorite blogs? I think it is called bloglovin? To be honest I don't know it I use Google Reader or not. I guess I will know once GR retires. Then I will be scrambling.
6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Agree or Disagree? Why? I agree. We appreciate the spring because the winter was hard, bleak, cold, and miserable. The spring comes along and blooms with gloriousness. I have discovered in my own life that when I have trials and troubles....the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow makes it all worthwhile.
7. When did you last 'spring for something'? What was it? I bought breakfast for some friends a few weeks ago and bought some yarn for a friend who had been wanting a particular color.
8. Insert your own random thought here? For my Project 365 I took a ton of pictures last week of flowers that were blooming. I love spring flowers....daffodils are one of my favorites. I love to see their little yellow faces peeking out into the grayness of the winter. What is your favorite spring flower?
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
8 months ago