Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

First September Hodge Podge

 

September is here and so is another round of Hodge Podge.  Be sure to answer Joyce's questions and then hop back over and link up with her.  Be sure to visit some of the other Hodge Podgers. 

1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun? Wadley homecoming is the 11th and I am working that game.  They have a volleyball game on the 15th and I am working that game.  Milliken is having their big rug sale at the plant on the 12th, we have an inservice day on the 21st, and their is a huge yard sale from here to Newnan on Saturday.  My biggest thing is that Kat and Brian are coming home from Moldova for 6 weeks.  I cannot wait.

2. You might be described as a natural born ____storyteller_________________?

3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large? Men taking hats off when they enter a building...and especially during the pledge or prayer.  It is my pet peeve.

4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently? Eager beaver....and I bit off way more than I could chew.

5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?  I eat during the previews, popcorn is my favorite snack, Pitch Perfect 2 was the last movie I saw and it was just ok.  Loved the music....but the movie itself was dry.

6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?  I agree.  In the summer when I am off I struggle with ideas and the like.  When I am working during the school year I come up with some amazing ideas.
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?  House cleaning before I had a party at the house.  I had a large crowd coming for dinner and I had really let the house slide a bit.  Talk about tired.  I was one tired momma.
8.  Insert your own random thought here. College football kicks off this week.  Will you be watching?  Who will you be pulling for?  Are you a fan?  or fanatic?  I live in Alabama and the rivalry between Auburn and Alabama has already reared its ugly head on facebook.  Football hasn't even started and I wish it were over already. 

5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Hats written in a building is a pet peeve of mine too! I'm still working on our 27 year old who's married and not at home, of course. Sigh. To me it's just a sign of respect. Then again, there's so little respect shown at all in our society these days. What happy times for you to have Kat and Brian home from Moldova. Wonderful!

Sandi said...

"Idleness warps the mind."

GASP! That is true, true, true.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoy homecoming. Those are always fun! Being a natural born storyteller is perfect for you with your ministry. That is a good point about men taking their hats off. So disrespectful. I agree with your opinion of Pitch Perfect 2. We wanted more singing, less story line. My husband will be watching the college football. I'm just can't get interested in football but I try. I do however love watching golf!

A Joyful Chaos said...

I'm not a fan of football. Thankfully I have plenty of reading material to enjoy while my husband and son watch the games.

Mary said...

Wow, you have a busy September! Sorry to hear that about Pitch Perfect 2.
I LOVE football season!!! (GO BIG ORANGE!!)