Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Salt or Flour Taste Test


My Scripture Reference for you today is from: Matt. 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored?”
Jesus once told his disciples that they were salt and light. That was sort of a strange thing to say. What do you suppose Jesus meant by that? Jesus told his disciples, “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it useful again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as useless” (Matt 5:13 NLT). In other words, without its strong taste, salt is not much good for anything.
Could I need two volunteers to taste something for me? I’m going to pour a white powder into your hand. You taste it and tell me if you think it is salt or not. Does that taste like salt? It doesn’t have much of a taste, does it? It’s bland and plain. Would you put it on your food?
Now I want you to taste something else. Does that have a strong taste? What is it?  That’s salty salt. We put salt on food to flavor it. If our salt was not salty, it would be useless to put it on our food.
Jesus wants us to be salty, and he wants us to shine brightly. People around us should know for sure that we’re Christians. We should show them love and acceptance and tell them about God and invite them to church.  A little bit of salt on food can make a big difference. One little light can push back the darkness. Just a few salty Christians in a neighborhood can make a difference.
Prayer: Help us to be salty Christians, Lord. May we shine brightly in our world and show others the way to you.
.
 

No comments: