1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile? My daughter and SIL are coming back to America on the 8th. They will be here for a month. I have not seen her in 17 months and I am thrilled beyond thrilled. I am having Christmas on Halloween since they won't be here then. I am going all out...decorating and everything. I will probably pull my tree down on Christmas day evening. :-)
2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why. Music for the soul would be my first option. Music sets the tone for my day, helps me get my praise on in the morning, and can sooth the savage beast within me. That was especially true this morning with my new favorite song by Casting Crowns. Food for the soul follows after the music begins. Then it is time to open my bible and hear what the Lord has to say to me for the day!
3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search? I learned something about cereal....Corn Flakes to be exact that I wish I never knew because of a commercial for an upcoming show. It is gross. I learned that the Teddy Stoddard story about one very special teacher and her son is not true. I still like to think it is....or at least could be.
4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe. Home boiled peanuts would be the all time favorite. Frank boils 2 pounds for 6 hours in either a salt brine or Cajun spice...and they are amazing. But...I make Buffalo Chicken Dip (One of Frank's favorites)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- French bread baguette slices, celery ribs or tortilla chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese into an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Layer with chicken, wing sauce and salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with baguette slices. Yield: about 2 cups.
This is so ridiculously easy and so tasty. We eat it on crackers, veggies, chips...etc.5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine? Time with God, Cup of Coffee, Bowl of oatmeal, 2nd cup of coffee, time with Frank discussing our plans for the day....then I get ready and go to work. I love mornings!6. What small thing have you taken note of today? The leaves are beginning to change. There was a yellow sugar maple on the side of the road on my way to work.7. Sum up your September in seven words or less. Busy, Busy, Busy
8. Insert your own random thought here. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Are you a year round shopper?....or a wait til the last minute before facing the crowds. I normally buy throughout the year....but this year I have had to deplete some of my stock because of unexpected, last minute birthday parties. I still plan to be done before Thanksgiving. I save one or two gifts to buy in December because I love all the decorations and hustle and bustle. What say you?