Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Falling For Hodge Podge

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So glad you're here! If you've answered the questions, add your link at the end of Joyce's blog and tell the world what you know. Be sure you say hi to the blogger who linked before you too, because there's no love like comment love. 
Here we go-


1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?  Chopped, Chopped Teen Challenge, Chopped After Hours and Rachel Ray's kids cooking challenge.  None of my NCIS shows have been on and I cannot wait for the season premieres. 
2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later?
Christmas gifts I have been buying up all year and of course my retirement fund.
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?  I adore apples, this time of year especially, and have them in some form or another several times a week.  I'm fine with eating them in their natural state, but also love them in pies, sauce, in crisps, cakes, with caramel dip, or baked  alongside a pork roast or chop. My favorite is a crisp (must be crisp!) tart variety like a Mac, but I'll eat any kind of apple.  I have tried my hand at making crock pot no-sugar added Apple Butter and it was amazing.  Tart ones are my favorites.
4. According to Fodor's the ten best fall foliage trips in the US of A are-Aspen ColoradoThe Catskills New York, The Berkshires Massachusetts, Columbia River Gorge Oregon, Green Mountain Byway Vermont, Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway New Mexico, Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, Upper Peninsula Michigan, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and Glacier National Park Montana. Which would you most like to visit this fall and why?  I would love to go to Vermont...maybe after I retire...Glacier National Park is also at the top of the list.  The only one I have seen in fall from this list is the Great Smoky Mountains.  I would like to add Bear Lake in Maine.  It was one of the most amazing sites I have ever seen too.  I love fall foliage.  5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalized marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?   I'm not in favor of legalizing marijuana, but not opposed to it in the treatment of disease.  We've tightened up the drinking laws, and practically outlawed cigarettes, but we're going to legalize pot?  This makes no sense to me.6. Are you okay to watch a movie already in progress, or to jump into the middle of a TV series, or must you see it from the beginning?  Depending on how far into the movie it is....I'm okay to watch a movie already in progress.  Usually I can figure it out before too long.   I prefer to see a movie from the beginning, unless of course I've already seen it and this is a repeat viewing.   We watch the NCIS's and Scorpion.  That is about all the regular TV we watch...most of our viewing pleasure is on the Food channel.  
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
What rule trips me up the most?   I am just like Joyce.  I absolutely love the ellipsis and overuse it to the nth degree. I'm working on it, but....
What annoys me most?  Mine is less about the punctuation....and more about the there, their, they're slip ups.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.  I had a Mac at my old school that was about ten+ years old and I loved it.  I have not played around with a new one.  My random thought is that fall is here.  How much fall do you get in your neck of the woods.  We have color but not like the Smoky Mountains color.  Do you love fall?  I do.  I have to say it is my favorite season.
 

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I didn't watch that show but I enjoy watching the kids cook/bake. I've enjoyed making apple sauce too after going to the apple orchards. Scorpion was good this week! We don't get much Fall color in Southern California except for the leaves turning yellow from it being too hot.
I'm hoping to see a little Fall color next week as I travel to Indiana, Ohio and then Pittsburgh, PA.

Cathy said...

We watch NCIS (all three of them) and Scorpion too. Love them all. In fact, the new season started this week. I've seen them all but the original NCIS and we'll probably try and watch that tonight.

You asked where we live in a comment on my post. We live in SW Ohio just north of Cincinnati. When we just want a couple days away, the Smoky Mountains are a common place for us to travel.