Joyce has again posted some really thought provoking Hodge Podge questions for today. I love trivia…so I look forward to this Wednesday neme so I can see what kind of wildly random answers I can come up with.
1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country? I live in the US and watch is a relative term….I will LOOK at the Super Bowl commercials (my favs are always the ones involving the Budweiser Clydesdales) and the half time show(unless it is the Who again. They were really lousy last year)…that is about it. I really am not a fan or follower of football. I would rather be watching a sappy girly movie or reading a good book.
2. Is ignorance bliss? Tough question but my answer would have to be yes, ignorance is bliss to most…if you are ignorant of something then you don’t have to waste energy worrying about it. On the other hand my problem is that not knowing would drive me insane.
3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy) Today I am Sneezy (actually….Drippy would be a better choice). I really should be at home in bed…but where am I….working. Most other times I am Happy or Sleepy(I reserve this one for weekends only).
4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) I don’t organize where people sit. I tend to sit up front because I get car sick. If we are going a short distance I may ride in the back with the other female. When my parents lived with us…I always rode in the back….my dad had really long legs and arthritis and it was difficult for him to get in and out of my little HHR.
5. What is beauty? Beauty is the quality in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or lifts the mind or spirit.
6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose? I am not a great baker…so it would have to be an appetizer. I for a catering company in my spare time (can you hear me laughing hysterically here?)....she is a fabulous cake maker....I do the other stuff.
7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer? Black Bean Salsa. It is so easy to make and yummy to eat. Black Bean Salsa recipe: 2 cans of black beans, drained. 1- 8 ounce pkg of feta cheese crumbled. 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 cup of oil, 2 cans of shoe peg corn, drained, 1 bunch of scallions, chopped, 3/4 c apple cider vinegar, garlic salt and pepper to taste. Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight of for at least a couple of hours. Serve with scoops or Tostitos.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Frank and I married at the end of our Arbor church service. You know at the time where people come up to join the church....or pray...well we came down and were married. There were about 50 people there who were not members of the church....the rest....it was the congregation. It was the sweetest service. My daughter Kat stood up for me and our good friend Robert was Frank's best man. I have worked for Deborah at Your Day for a long time. She has done the cakes at all my children's wedding receptions. It was fun having her do a cake for me. Sometimes in life....we get a chance for a do-over. I was fortunate enough to get one. Have you ever had a do-over chance in your life? What was it? Leave me a comment and share it with me. Happy Anniversary Baby. He reads my blog every morning....isn't he a wonderful guy? I think so. :-) Hava a Blessed Wednesday
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
11 months ago