I got an email from Amanda over the weekend. She rarely if ever sends a forward to you....so when you get a forward from her...you better read it. I laughed out loud at this one...because most of these things I have either...felt, thought, said, or done. What about you?
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. (I have a group of friends that I have done bible study with since before Frank and I married. We have a pact that if one of us dies the others will go in, get our bible study books, and burn them....especially Beth Moore's Breaking Free workbook. In order to Break Free....we had to own up to stuff. Now honestly....that definitely is a friend....who will risk a breaking and entering charge to get your journals.)
2. Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. (This one is the one that used to happen to me a great deal. I would be so positive I was right....and then....the moment would hit....and there would be nothing I could do about it. I have learned over time to ask myself....will being right here matter in five years? ten? If not...I don't waste my effort on it. I don't HAVE to BE right.)
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (I quit taking naps when I was 4. At school it was an issue because all the other children took them....and I didn't. Man....what was I thinking. There are many days at school I want to tell my classes to pull out their little nap mats and lets all take a nap.)
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font. ( I can be the queen of sarcasm....and am so good that most of the time people get a confused face....wondering....if I was telling them the truth. I keep it in check at school with the kids.....but every now and then....the Queen rises to the occassion and can't stop her....like when a student asks, "Do we need our books today? or "Are we doing anything today?" I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying...."nope, today we are napping all period." Then I want to hit the back of their heads like Gibbs does Danozo on NCIS. Yep, a sarcasm font would be the bomb.)
5. How are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? (I really struggle with this one. I can fold those flat ones all day long....but the fitted ones...what do you do with those corner pockets? I think someone invented them just to drive me nuts...and you should see me folding sheets. I have really short arms...so I look hysterical anyways.....but I won't complain....my mom will make me go back to pressing them.....and believe me...that is not happening in this house.)
6. Was learning cursive really necessary? (I loved learning cursive. I remember when we started making those cursive letters....I would practice making them just like my teacher did. I wish handwriting was still taught. I have some students that I only accept papers from them that have been typed.....ahh yes, they will be great doctors...cause you certainly can't read their handwriting.)
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. (I mean come on....it should even stay...."Steps 1-4 - You know how to get out of your neighborhood....and if you don't....you need to stay at home.) Ok...you need to go to Google Maps....and type in the directions from the United States to Japan....and scroll down to directive #31. You will get a charge out of that one. Somebody has way to much time on their hands.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died. (The one nice thing about living in the South...is that our obituaries, especially in small towns, give you a great bit more detail. When my dad died...I discovered that you actually have to PAY to put one in the paper. I thought that was a public service...wrong....and it is so much per word. That may be why cause of death is left out. I know we had planned to put an obit in the Palm Beach Post Times for my dad....he still had a lot of friends living there....and it was going to cost me $450.00. Needless to say....my dad had an obituary in the Coosa Times and the Alex City Outlook.)
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. (Yes I can....no I can't....wait...I think it was last year)
10. Bad decisions make good stories. (This is especially true if you are a blogger or storyteller of any kind. So with that said, if you have a comeback for any of these....or a new one to add....leave me a comment.)
It is Monday....and that means I will be spending the night with Mary and going to Bible Study. I have to finish packing and getting ready for school. Thank God I do not have bus duty this week. Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow morning....same bat time...same bat channel! Ciao!
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
11 months ago