It is Wednesday and time for my weekly hodgepodge post. I enjoy doing this and sometimes it brings back a lot of fun memories. I hope it does for you. If you want to read some of the others or participate yourself then hop on over to Joyce's blog and see what she has posted. I know you will enjoy it.
1. Do you like your name? Were you named after someone? If you have children how did you settle on their names? I hated my name when I was younger…it sounded so countrified…especially when my mom was mad at me and called me by both my first and middle name with a southern twang. My name is Karen….just like it looks…pronounced….Kare…..N….period….but when I was in deep trouble…my mom called me….Kay Wren……and then would add….Leigh (pronounced Lee)….I would just die. Well one day my godmother told me what my mom almost named me and you
know….Karen Leigh sounded pretty danged good. Try Francis Mathilda on for size. OUCH! My middle name is Leigh….so is my mom’s and daughters. It was also my grandfathers first name….so it is a hand-me-down name. I actually loved it…until they pronounced it Lay at graduation. It was not so cute then. I write under a pseudonym sometimes that I handpicked myself (Leigh Granville Claymore)…and it suits me just fine…but then so does Karen. My daughter Kat was going to be called Emma Leigh after my grandparents….but after spending several days in the hospital due to complications….and having nurse Emma Lee (the nurse from hell)….I was watching television and there was an actress named….Kathryn Harold….and I loved it. So Kat was given her name. I did not start calling her Kat until she was in high school. Her nickname was munchkin.
2. How do you define success? According to Webster...it is a matter of achieving stuff....but stuff is not what rocks my boat. To be a success you have to be a giving, loving, caring person....and follow this verse in Isaiah. Isaiah 40:31: 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Now…THAT is success.
3. Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy? Definitely Jeopardy. I am a trivia nut. I love the stuff. My cousin Amanda, my daughter Kat, and I used to take Trivial Pursuit cards on trips with us and ask each other questions. Talk about some people who have too much time on their hands.
4. If you could own any single object that you don't have now, what would that object be? A Nikon or Canon new digital top of the line camera with lenses.
5. What is something that inspires you? I have to agree with Linda and say it is music, especially hymns. It is one of the few things that can soothe the savage beast in me when it is raging.
6. Meatloaf-yea or nay? If its a yay how do you make yours? Nay...100 times NAY!. I have hated meat-loaf all of my life. That is about the nastiest stuff….next to SPAM(stuff posing as meat) that there is. Frank loves the stuff….and I hate it so much I can’t even stomach making it. NASTY!
7. Which is more admirable-the ability to organize and be methodical or the ability to adapt and make do? I am the spontaneous one! I have a knack for flying by the seat of my pants in a windstorm. I love to be organized…but function quiet well when I have to make-do.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Why does the full moon affect the kids at school like it does....and at the nursing home. It is like herding cats in both places!