Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Perfect Day

We got up and visited with Chuck and Sue before packing and heading home.  I have had a remarkable time with my dear friends. The trip home was amazing even though I was a bit under the weather.  You could not have asked for a more perfect day.  Frank and I enjoyed each other's company on the five hour trek home.  We got home a little after 1 and I got in the kitchen and began making bread....again.  I put on the makings for crusty bread, made some potato soup to take to Amanda's, made sweet potato bread and apple butter bread in the crock Kat gave for Christmas several years ago.  Susan had one that Scott had given her and we made 3 cheese beer bread while I was at her house.    I also bought her a cast iron dutch oven and we made cinnamon crusty bread.   The potato and apple butter breads came out looking amazing.  I did not have golden raisins for the apple butter bread so I substituted craisins and believe me...that made the bread out of this world.  I made the sweet potato bread for Mrs. Betty Jean and Mr. Larry.  They are always doing such sweet things for us and I felt like I would send a plate to her house with something on it for a change.  The little guitar cast iron skillet I bought at the Lodge outlet in Pidgeon Forge.  I thought it was so cute.
On the way home we stopped at Walmart somewhere outside of Carrollton, GA so I could pick up a few groceries I would need for making all these bread recipes I copied from Susan.  I would not wait to get home.  While we were at Wally World I noticed their fall decor and grabbed a quick shot.
 

We went to Amanda's about 6 for a night of soup and picking out by the campfire.  I did not bring home any of the apple butter bread....it was a major hit.  I also brought home very little of my potato soup.  I like when that happens.  We sang for a good while and then Frank and I headed to the house....we were exhausted and we have church in the morning.  Before I call it a night I have to say.....this was one of those perfect days.  You know....the kind when you know God is smiling.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, you have been so productive.
I did nothing over the weekend.