Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hodge Podge - vol 97

It is that time of the week again and so here are my answers to Joyce's questions for the Wednesday Hodge Podge.  If you would love to play along or see what others said then hop over to her blog by clicking here.  It is a lot of fun and I know you will enjoy yourself.

1. In what ways do you indulge yourself?
I love a good manicure/pedicure and about once a month I treat myself to one.  A couple of times a year I will treat myself to a facial or a massage.  I love to go to the Main Event in LaFayette, AL.  They treat you like a queen and it smells like heaven in there.  I want to treat myself to a girls indulgence weekend at Chateau Elan in north Georgia.....one day!
2. Have you ever taken a cooking class? Any interest? What type of class would you most like to try?
I've taken a cooking class or two...especially if  Home Ec counts (just kidding).  I would love to do more. I want to take one in Italy or through Virginia College Culinary School.  I would love how to cook mega Italian food and have even entered Olive Garden contests to go to their school.  Some day...maybe when I retire.
3. What does it mean to be a good citizen?Obey the laws established, vote, stand up for your country,  and I too thought of the litter commercial with the crying Indian and think that is good citizenship....yep...not littering.4. 'Tis the season of the political advert...do these ads influence your vote?  No!  I hate the political advertisements because they are so negative.   I consider myself an informed voter because I research the candidates running before I close th curtain and vote..
5. What's something you see today that makes you wish you were a kid again?  Cotton Candy at the fair with my dad.  Aside from that I don't want to go back in time.  I am perfectly content where I am.
6. What's your least favorite cliche?  My mom used to always tell me "The grass always looks greener on the other side".  I always want to respond...and it is!  I would want something better...and she would throw that out.  I was shocked the first time I heard it come out of my own mouth to my children.7. What percentage of your Christmas shopping has been completed? How does that make you feel?
I shop all year long, have a closet for what I get, and I am almost done.  I should be through by the first of November. I love to have it done so I don't stress during the holiday when everyone else is shopping....and I love to pick out the gifts with that person in mind....not run in and grab anything because I need a gift!8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have made 3 loaves of bread this week using the crusty bread recipe found here.  Let me tell you...it has been a ball and I hate baking.  I have made two loaves of regular...and one with orange zest and cranraisins.  Love it....I even bought a cast iron casserole just to do this.....it is amazing. Have a great rest of the week.  Our fall break is this weekend....Thursday - Sunday.  I will be enjoying the Smokey Mountains.

5 comments:

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! Love your background and header.
until next time... nel

Mary said...

That bread looks amazing! Have a good time in my mountains! Don't know if we'll be able to get together this time or not!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your indulgence!
I use that cliche often....can't help myself. I use to be done very early but now I send gift cards to the out of town people. Since the kids are all grown up I just get their lists and shop from them, mailing online. No stress involved anymore. I will have to check out you link, thank you.

Queenie Jeannie said...

We have so much in common!! My shopping for Bella is nearly done, the older kids are done, and I only have Thomas left. I suppose I better get on it! Good thing I can have them sent to Alex in FL and she'll wrap it all for me, lol!

Enjoy your bread!

Joyce said...

I do love homemade bread (which is why I don't indulge!)...hot out of the oven with a big pat of butter. Oh my! I could eat the entire loaf without batting an eye : )