Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Project 365 - Week 41

Well....the tiny Fall Break I had is over.  Tomorrow I will head back to the masses.  Next free day is Veteran's Day.  Next week will be so much fun because I paid into the United Way fund and get to wear jeans every day.  Whoooo Hoooo!  Eleven weeks left in this year.  Sara has been such a gracious hostess and I hope you will hop over and check out everyones offerings by clicking right here, and maybe think about trying your hand at Project 365 next year.  Ok so this is what my week looked like:

Sunday, October 7th
 I preached at Waverly and Amanda and I sang there.  After church Frank and I went to Alex City for a funeral of my sister, Debbie's mom, prebowled because we are going to be in Knoxville on Thursday, and got some stuff from my mom's house for Marcie's yardsale on Saturday.  I grabbed this dogwood in Daviston.  The color was just so pretty.
 
Monday, October 8th
My classroom rug from the Milliken sale last weekend.  It really brightens up my classroom. 
 
Tuesday, October 9th
Today is the 3rd anniversary of my dad's death.  I found the Veteran sticker up at my mom's on Sunday and put it on my dad's picture I keep on my desk at work.
 
Wednesday, October 10th

The last of the cascarones and painted rock projects were turned in today.  This is our last day before Fall Break....or what we are having as fall break this year.  Usually we get a week.  This year....we get two days. 
 
Thursday, October 11th




Thursday broke bright and early and I grabbed a shot of sunrise coming up from Susan's kitchen window.  Frank and I headed to Cade's Cove....after a stop at Flapjacks for breakfast.  The Cove was beautiful today.  We saw a deer and some turkeys....but sigh....no bear.  Traffic in the Cove was horrendous so we took a cut through and headed to the Craftsman's Fair in downtown Gatlinburg.   From there we checked out Smokey Mountain Moonshines place.  They actually have a sampling room for moonshine.  We went from there to the Apple Barn to get Jessica's Hannah and Rhett some Apple Butter....of course we got some for ourselves.  Then on to the Lodge outlet where I bought myself a second cast iron dutch oven for making bread and some other pieces.  Back to Chuck and Sues to get them and head to dinner at Wild Wing Cafe....and a trip to Belks to catch their buy one coat and pants....get two free.  Frank loaded up.  Back at the house we visited and Susan and I went to bed.  Tomorrow will be a busy day.  I wonder what kind of adventure we will have.
 
Friday, October 12th


The guys went shooting over at Tony's and Susan and I baked cinnamon bread,  3 Cheese bread, and made earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.  It was a crafting/cooking kind of day.  After Jan and her sons got there we all went to Ye Olde Steak House for dinner.  If you are ever in the Knoxville area you must eat here.  The food is amazing and there is plenty of it for sure.  It is one of our favorite places. 
Saturday, October 13th
We pass two of these on our way to and from Susan's.  There is nothing prettier than looking up and seeing this huge cross peaking out of the trees.  It always makes me feel as if my trip will be a safe one and it was.  We made it home safe and sound.  Have a great week and I'll see you next week.
 

4 comments:

Robin Lambright said...

Your bread looks yummy!

Next on my list of cast iron purchases is a dutch oven. I would love to find one at a yard sale...

Great fall color this week.

You had a great week!
Blessings
R

The Bug said...

Your rug looks great! Love the foliage shots...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Some beautiful Fall colors and the bread looks amazing!

Mary said...

I like seeing that cross, too. Hate we couldn't get together this time...maybe next time!