Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hodge Podge - Vol 99

Welcome to the 99th edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Be sure to add your link at the end of Joyce's post by clicking here and then go see what everyone is saying. The neat thing about Hodgepodge is is that we're all friends here....or at least it feels that way to me.  According to Joyce,
"Politicians could take a lesson from us Hodgepodgers. We don't all agree, but we do keep it friendly." Here are my answers for this week:

1. So, do you like beer?  Nope, Not now or ever.  I think it smells and tastes gross.  Back in the day when all my 18 year old friends(that was the legal age then) were drinking beer I was drinking Cuba Libre(Rum and Coke) or Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine(I detest that also).  BTW...I never drank until I was of legal age.

2. What's your least favorite repetitive task?  I have to agree with Joyce on this one.  I despise emptying the dishwasher.  There's only two of us here most of the time so why is it always full?
3. When was the last time you rode in a bus? Where was it headed?
I think it was New England on Martha's Vineyard on the 2011 SMAK trip.  Bus transportation was better than walking.  It was quite a learning experience and we rode it all over the island and it was a great way to see the place.  When we got to Nantucket....we decided we had had enough of the bus and rented a car to explore the island.  OOPS....KLAMS trip to Niagara Falls 2012....we took the Big Red Bus siteseeing tour to see Toronto.  We decided to ride up top so we could see everything clearly.  Loved it.  If you EVER visit somewhere for a first time....it is a great idea to take the siteseeing bus, the trolley...etc....see everything there is to see...and then pick and choose what you want to go back and do again.  I have see some great things that way.  In Los Angeles one year I was a single mom and so broke...and at a conference and everyone was going on this 90.00 siteseeing trip I could not afford.  I talked to the concierge at the hotel and he gave me the public bus routes and gave me a quick lesson in transfers and where everything was.  I saw more for less.  MY whole experience only cost me 3.75 and I came back with wonderful stories that the ones on the 90.00 half day bus did not have.

4. What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end?  Again I have to agree with Joyce, I despise Barney and his nasally voice singing."I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..."  It sends chills up my spine to hear that song.....even today and my daughter is 32!

5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night....what was the last thing you 'debated about'?  Should I clean the house....or read the new Amish book I just got....Amish book won.  I know....I should be ashamed of myself....but I am not.

6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much?   No...Can I person spend too much money?  Yes.  Can a person earn so much they waste a lot of money?  Definitely.Can a person who makes 'too much money' also do a lot of good in this world?  Yes.  Do they?  Not always.  It is usually the ones who don't that do the most for those without.  At least it does to me.

7. Pop-soda-coke-something else...what's it called where you live?  Where I grew up it was a soda.  ...if I say I want a coke I mean I want an honest to goodness name brand COKE, not a Pepsi or just any old soft drink. I hate when I order a Coke in a restaurant and they bring me Pepsi.  That is NOT what I asked for.  Where I live now....when they say COKE...they mean anything brown and carbonated.

8. Insert your own random thought here. Frank and I went to see "Pitch Perfect" Friday night.  It is a movie about acapella groups.  Do you like acapella music?  If so....drop me a comment and tell me who your favorite group is.  Click here and you can see my all time favorite.  Have a wonderful rest of the week.  I am planning to.



10 comments:

Jerralea said...

Oh, we sang Barney on many a car-trip. Our middle daughter was obsessed with him.

I see that most of your answers are what I would have said too - especially your thoughts on #6!

Joyce said...

Never feel guilty for reading : )

Rebecca Jo said...

Did you like Pitch Perfect? I so badly want to see it!!!

Good for you for not drinking until legal age... you dont hear that often.

The Bug said...

Your the second person who has mentioned Pitch Perfect in their blog today. Perhaps I shall check it out.

Reading trumps cleaning EVERY time in my house. My poor husband had to let the air conditioner guy in yesterday & our floors are disgusting. At least I had dusted on Sunday :)

April said...

I've been wanting to take Abby to see that movie...she loves to SING! Your New England trip sounds amazing...it's on my "must do" list. Yep...it's Coke for me!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm not crazy about emptying the dishwasher but I like it better than changing the sheets. My children never got into Barney since they were already 11 and 13.
He came out in 1992. My debate daily is clean or stay on the computer and I stay here! I didn't write that down, I was thinking a debate with someone else. I saw Pitch Perfect yesterday, I thought it was really good except for the vomit. Was that really necessary?

Jhona O. said...

I love your acapella choice! Thanks for the tip about taking the touring trolley. That's a great suggestion! I agree that I don't like the Barney song either. I want to see "Pitch Perfect". I really enjoy the Christian singing group "Acappella".

Theresa said...

Your sightseeing by bus sounds so adventurous. Glad you were able to see so much.

Mary said...

I was going to say the Barney song, but I knew I couldn't because that was a song that MS sang (even before he could talk) perfectly.

Mary said...

I was going to say the Barney song, but I knew I couldn't because that was a song that MS sang (even before he could talk) perfectly.