Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Project 365 - Week 40

The countdown is on.  There are only 12 weeks left in this year.  How close are you to having your Christmas shopping done?  I am so close it hurts and I should be done by the first of November if everything goes as planned.  Want to join in or see some more pictures then click over to Sara's and see what everyone else shot this week.  I will be in the Smokeys part of next week and hope to get some awesome shots.
Sunday, September 30th
Frank and I were apart today.  I spoke at Waverly UMC, Amanda and I sang, and Frank preached at Rock Mills UMC.  After I got home we jumped in the car and went to Alex City for a funeral.  My 'dopted sister, Debbie's mom died on Thursday.  It was a sad day.  We pre-bowled for Thursday night and went to my mom's to get some stuff for Marci's yard sale. I grabbed a sunset picture.  The sun is shaded enough by the clouds that to me it looks like a heart.
 
 
Monday, October 1st
I had to run downtown today after school and when I headed back to my car I saw this amazing iron work on some stairs leading up to a loft apartment.  I had to grab the shot.  It reminds me of the French Quarter in New Orleans.
 
Tuesday, October 2nd

 
Cascarones round two.  These are some of my classes presentations of cascarones.  They are hollowed eggs full of confetti.  If you can break it over someone's head they will have good luck for the year.
 
Wednesday, October 3rd
I began decorating for fall tonight.  I love getting out the different seasonal stuff and putting it in it's place.  I also made two more shirts for bowling.  I hope to get some more orders.
 
Thursday, October 4th
Fall is in the air and the leaves they are a changing.  I am so excited.
 
 
Friday, October 5th



Friday was Homecoming at Handley.  We went to the game and got there in time to see the floats, the crowning of the queen at half-time and see the flag walkway the candidates walked under.  It was really fun.  The Elmore County Marching Band half-time show was amazing.  It was titled "Through the Eyes of a Soldier" and they had swing dancers.  The band actually took Best in Show on Saturday at the LMI Band Competition.

Saturday, October 7th

Yard saling on Saturday with the Rock Mills bunch and I saw this cool cobweb in front of some tires at one of our stops.  The Pumpkin bride was at Mary Messer's Florist.  I thought it was a cute idea.  Hope your week is good.  I will be in the Smokeys from Wednesday til Saturday. 
 


3 comments:

The Bug said...

The sun DOES look like a heart - cool shot!

Love the pumpkin bride - cute idea :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It does look like a heart! Never heard of the Cascarones. Your Fall decorations look so pretty.

riTa Koch said...

We had fun one time making cascarones in class.
Have fun over Fall break!