Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, October 26, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Voice

We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST every Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. The cool thing is that it is unscripted. Unedited. Real.  It started because Lisa-Jo had been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And she figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.  So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.  Your words. This shared feast.
Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.  OK, are you ready? Won’t you please give me your best five minutes on:::

Voice



Go:
My thoughts are muddled with ideas about voice.....I am woman hear me roar.  I was a huge fan of that song when it first came out because I so wanted to be that woman...one who was not afraid to use her voice to make a difference.....but alas I was not.  It took me many years to find the courage to use the voice, or voices inside me.  You see I have been given many voices....one to gab with, one to teach with, one to speak up with,  one to write with, one to sing with.  I love it when my voice is stong and makes chills rise on someones arms...whether I am speaking, singing, or writing.  I love it when I use my voice to be heard against some injustice.  I love to use my voice to tell people about MY AWESOME GOD!  This is my story....this is my song...praising my Savior....all the day long!  There is a piece of a bible verse that says, " listen to his voice, and hold fast to him."  I wish I could tell you where it comes from...but I cannot.  I just know that if I am still and listen....I will hear His voice.  I use Hwy 22 on my way to and from work to listen for the Voice.  Oh yes...I love to use my voice.  I sing because I am happy....I sing because I am free....for His eye is on the sparrow....and I know He's watching me.....and yes when I sing....my voice is definitely heard.  I have a voice with a broad range and lots of volume.  I rarely need a microphone to be heard.  I guess that is the teacher in me....learning to have my voice heard over 30 talkative students. November 6th I will use my voice to vote for the President of the United States.  I don't take that voice lightly either.  It is a voice that I think is very important and I don't take it for granted.  How about you?
STOP: 
Time seemed to fly by today.....Hope you have a great week and I will see you again next week.  Until then....Vaya Con Dios!

1 comment:

Rebecca Knox said...

It's nice to meet you, Karen! You have a lovely site and I enjoyed reading your post. Have a blessed day!