1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? I saw two pythons last weekend when I was in South Carolina. Marcie's husband has them in his camper. I was personally glad we slept in camper number two. That made me a happy camper.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck? I really don't believe in luck. I believe in God and know that his hand is on my fate....although...I am part Irish.
3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently? I am from the south. I have never gone sledding. I have ice skated and was not terribly good at it. When and if it does snow here...I love building snowmen. I also like making scare crows. I have not done either since 2011 when it snowed enough to do it.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life? In my job. I would have laughed in your face if you had told me I would be a teacher....for over 25 years. I hated high school and could not wait to get away from it....and where do I go every day?....Yep, high school and love what I do. I had to wait until I was 30 to figure that one out.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake? A couple of weeks ago. One of my co-workers brought me a GiGi's Cupcake (to die for). I don't normally eat them. I am a pie person...not so much cake...unless it is Deborah's cake.
6. What's something you can't say no to? People who request something of me. I cannot seem to say no and it is one of my biggest faults.
7. Are you a doodler? To the max. If I am in a meeting and bored I doodle. When I am waiting for my students to finish up an assignment....I doodle. When I am thinking...I doodle. In restaurants, in classrooms, on pads,....Hello! My name is Karen and I am a doodler.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Did you know that on February 6th, 1971 (I was a Junior in High School) Alan Shepard, from Apollo 14, became the first man to hit a golf ball on the Moon, using a ball and golf club head he had smuggled on board inside his space suit. Do you golf? I did when I was a Junior in High School and loved the fact that he did this....today...it is no big deal. Planting the flag on the moon....now THAT is a huge deal.