The questions for this week's Hodgepodge are interesting. Joyce always comes up with some doozies.. Newcomers are always welcome..all you have to do is to.answer on your own blog, then hop over to Joyces blog and add your link. It is really easy and a whole lot of fun. I hope to see you there!
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year? I have been praying about this for several days and I am giving up candy. You realize...Valentine's Day is tomorrow....and I am adding a handwritten letter a day to people in my life who have been an active part of my spiritual development.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you? I love pancakes(buckwheat, wheat, regular white)...and I love them with butter and maple syrup....or apple butter (especailly the kind of from the Apple Barn in Pidgeon Forge, TN). I love pancakes for supper.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love? I actually have two....one is Andrea Bocelli and Con Te Partiro and the other is Jo Dee Messina and Because You Love Me.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them? Little special unasked for things. Give time to them.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies? Ohhh Ohhh....pink peonies or purple tulips. I like roses....but I would rather have orchids....any color....or Gerber daisies. My friend Susan gave me Knockout roses for my birthday the year my mom died. Patti gave me tulips that same year. They were hot pink. Honestly I would prefer some I can put in dirt...than ones in water that die.
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why? I am a history nut....would love to see Montpelier, Hyde Park, and many of the others. I have seen Mount Vernon and Monticello and loved them. I toured the White House in the sixth grade on our school safety patrol trip.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets? I am great at keeping secrets. I can only think of a time or two in my life when a secret got the best of me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Did you know that today is Get A Different Name Day? Have you ever wanted a different name? I did. My name is Karen (prnounced care....N)....living in the South causes my name to be pronounced....(Kay Wren). I have to admit that is not a favorite of mine. My middle name is Leigh (Lee)...after my grandfather....and it has been abused ofter as well. When I graduated it was pronounced "Lay"...which caused me a great deal of embarrassment. As a young girl I changed my name hundreds of times....my favorite was Kelleigh (like Kelly). I was published a few times with the name I chose to write under at the time....Leigh Granville Claymore....Leigh, my middle name.....Granville, a man whose house I helped fix on ASP one summer, and Claymore (Scottish weapon for my ancestory). Change my name legally....not happening....too expensive and too time consuming. I think I will just stick to what my parents named me....it could have been worse....I could have been named Francis Mathilde....thanks to my god-mother that was nixed. What about you? Did you ever want another name....and what was it?
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
9 months ago