It is Wednesday and time to join the Hodgepodge fun. Joyce comes up with random questions....we answer them....link up with her....and the beat goes on. Want to play along? Click here and you can run get the questions too....After you post your answers you can click here and link up.
Here ya go-
1. When were you last 'on a mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense. In October when I attended the Burgess family reunion at Cheaha. I was definitely on a literal mountain top. Cheaha is the highest point of Alabama. Figuratively I was last on a mountain top at the last Women of Faith conference I went to. I felt as if I would never come off that mountain....but alas...it happened....and so fast.
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own? I have had better skills at this than lately. With that said I know the golden rule..."Never buy anything on credit. Always pay cash." Keep six months of salary in reserve. That is not easy with your spouse working part time and in school.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one. I don't love cherries....but I do like cherry pie and black forest cake.....and raw cherries. Ranier and the ones from Traverse City, MI are my favorites there.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? I don't discuss. I listen to discussions. Religious and Political discussions can ruin a party....a relationship....peace and quiet. I have my own opinions....and they are mine. I vote....I attend church regularly.....and as a Christian....I don't feel the extreme need to my opinions and thoughts on anyone else.
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip? I love to be the driver....but so does Frank. So, I drive when he gets tired. I have an issue with motion sickness so I really need to be in the front. Our last road trip was to Knoxville to see my precious friends, the Price family. We are going to see them again this weekend and I cannot wait. To quote one of Amanda's songs...."Put me on the road and I'm happy."
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent? Black and turquoise right now are split-50% to 50%. I am trying to get away from so much black so all of a sudden my closet is beginning to burst forth with other colors.
7. Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special? Every single one of the senior citizen members of our church and for different reasons. The underlying reason is that they all make me feel so very special and loved. I love spending time with them and learning from them. They rock my world. There is not a one of them who does not make me feel very much at home when I visit.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Today is Love Your Pet Day. We have a miniature doxie named Beau Diddley and he allows us to live in the house with him. He is one spoiled rotten doxie. When I was growing up I had chihuahuas (Prince and Peanut) and two shelter muts (Blacky and Whitey.) When my kids were small we had Big Boy, Sir Toby Gusmeister, Brownie, Duke and Dolly, Mr. Wilson, and Eygpt. Rocky was the grand dog and we loved him to death. So...do you have animals? now? earlier? What were their names, what were they? Were they spoiled???
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
1 year ago