Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you decide to play along with us then click here and add your link to the bottom of Joyce's post, and then 'March' on over to some of the other blogs participating. Here we go-
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear? Gum being popped, angry people yelling, the alarm clock telling me it is time to move again.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit? I usually try it on in the store. If I am in a hurry I have bought it and tried it on at home. Only a few times have I had to return it after that.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell? I like pistachios. I prefer eating them right out of the shells....but I cannot eat them right now....since I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Collitis. I love pistachio pudding...and pistachio cheese cake. I try and remove the nuts before I eat it.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary? Compromise does not happen a lot in my life. I am a peacemaker....and hate making waves. Therefore...if it is not going to matter in five years....then I don't stress over it. With that said....Frank and I do compromise a lot when it comes to television. I love Hallmark channel...and the love story movies. He loves Ax men...etc. We compromise...sometimes he watches what I want...others I watch his shows (actually I crochet or read). I don't mind the compromise. If it bothers me that bad....I go watch what I want to watch in the bedroom.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response? I have many times written letters to the governor of Alabama, Senators, and House members for various reasons concerning education in Alabama. I have many times received responses and more than often not.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile? EASTER!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!!!! Frank is preaching the community Holy Week Good Friday service at the First Methodist Church and I get attend (and sing)since we will be on Spring Break!!!!!
8. I have disappointed someone I love and I feel horrible. My sweet friend is selling Norwex. She is a stay at home Mom and is doing this for some socialization time. I had scheduled a party back in February but had to cancel when Frank got novovirus. We resceduled....Saturday, March 2nd....but the only time she had was 6:30. I told her no problem....sent out 19 invites with an RSVP for Sunday, February 24th. Sunday....I got 18 NO's. I was floored (I should not have been....most of my older buddies don't go out after dark and I knew this)....and 1..if I don't have anything else come up. I told my good friend that I could not have the party....no one would be there. I have disappointed her and I am so sad. So what I want from you is....when was the last time you disappointed someone? What would you have done in this situation? Signed....the creepy, insensitive, jerk.