Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Project 365 - Week 5

It is Project 365 time again.  I celebrated my 10th wedding anniversary in South Carolina with friends while Frank attended school.  When I got home on Sunday we went to Pizzavilla (voted LaGrange's most romantic restaurant) for supper.  If you want to participate with us then hop over to Fran's blog by clicking here and link up.  We would love to have you.

Sunday, January 27th



 We ate a delicious breakfast at Ronnie's before we left.  The food was to die for.  I had hoop cheese grits, fried bologna, and home fries with my breakfast....yummmo.  We left there and went to see the River Rat compound where Tracey used to live.  This community is very unique.  The trailers are all 1950's versions that have been built onto.  Construction workers live there along with folks who live there year round.  There is a beautiful view of the lake, a restaurant, a country store, and a church.  It was amazing!   The perfect retirement place for those who want to get away and enjoy nature.

Monday, January 28th
 
 
I wore my new Harley boots to school today.  I bought them at the Flea Market in South Carolina for 35.00.  They are genuine leather.  They were really comfortable...until about 3...then they began to pinch a bit.  Next time I won't plan on wearing them so long until I get them broken in.
 
Tuesday, January 29th
You have all heard of Tony the Tiger.  Well meet my little friend Jose, el Tigre.  I actually use the hat on my hand when I do a little monologue with the class and my hand (Jose Jalapeno).  The kids love it.  Today, we were visited by Jose, el Tigre....and yes...I teach high school kids.  Sometimes when I cannot get them to focus I pull out all the stops.
 
Wednesday, January 30th
Passing through Daviston, AL on my way home from work I saw this little flash of red color and had to stop and grab a shot.  They were so beautiful.
 
Thursday, January 31st
It was wonderful seeing the sun break through the clouds.  I am so tired of gray.  I shot this backwards from the Daviston Baptist Church sign pull off.  It made me smile to see the sun again.
 
Friday, February 1st
Coming home from school today the donkeys just outside of Daviston were enjoying a rest.  This donkey looked right at me as though he knew I was taking a shot of him. 
 
Saturday, February 2nd - Groundhog Day



Frank and I bowled in a tournament today in Alex City.  We bowled in the first flight.  He got sick about middle of the second game and by the end of the third game had a raging fever.  We were supposed to go to a birthday party for Brady (3 years old) but instead we ran the present by....he stayed in the car and I took him home and put him to bed where he stayed all day....that is when he was not being sick.  We think he has norovirus and since he is running a rever is contagious.   Church was called off because he was sick and I had been around him....and they did not want our germs.  I hope next week will end up better. 

No comments: