Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Best Friend's Wedding


My dear friend Jo got married today.  She has been a widow for 12 years and a year ago met Jim online.  He is a prince of a guy and treats her like a  queen.  Jo and I worked together for the Alex City Board of Education for over 20 years and I was there when her husband, Mickey died, have traveled many miles with her, and have been there when she was up....and down.  She has been there for me too.  I have shed many a tear in her living room.  Jo did not have a church wedding the first time so they decided to have a small ceremony at her church - Campground United Methodist with about a 100 of their dearest friends.  Almost all of them showed up. Jo's grandson, Grady walked her down the aisle and her grandchildren gave her to Jim to be his bride.  Her matron of honor was her life long friend Betty Hamilton.
 
 
 I nearly cried at that point...but had to sing so I sucked it up.  I sang "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton at the wedding ceremony and then Amanda and I sang a host of love songs at the reception.  My friend, Deborah made the cakes.  Jim's table had a lake scene with a pontoon on it.  (He proposed on the pontoon boat.....AND they left the church to the song, Pontoon.)  Jim's cakes were pound cakes with two anchors (made by my precious husband, Frank) and an icing rope on them.  On the piano in the corner were several lighthouses.  It was so pretty.
Jo's cake was done in black and white with a raspberry filling.  It was to die for.  Deborah makes the best cakes ever and her icing is to die for.
Jo has been very important in the life of Still Magnolias.  Following the reception they left for Key West.  I wish her all the best in her new life.  God Bless You Both and I am wishing you a blessed life together. 
BTW....see those two wreaths on the door?  I made those...and there were two more just like them on the Fellowship Hall doors.  The decor of both rooms was gorgeous.  Simple...and elegant....just like my friend Jo.

No comments: