Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 17, 2012

A Friday Half Day

I am counting down the minutes until that final bell rings.  Today the students are only here until 12:15.  The second half of the day is supposed to be Professional Development.  I guess we are supposed to work on the ESL(English as a Second Language) modules we have to complete BEFORE Spring Break.  I had planning first block, second block was Spanish II (one of three - the other two won't meet today), and third block was/is Spanish I.  We watched Radio in Spanish II and I talked with them about the "real" Radio.  I had the girls in tears.  Loved it.  I have to tell you....I am not a football fan....but my favorite movies are:  Rudy, Radio, Remember the Titans, We Are Marshall, Facing the Giants, The Blind Side..." and they all have a common theme....FOOTBALL!  Go figure.  My Spanish I class watched "Friendship Fields" and did a worksheet on stereotyping.  It is a Feature Film for Families film and wonderful!  I was surprised that they liked it....but they did.  Even my boys who don't like anything were quiet and watched.  When the bell rings this place will clear out so quickly.  My lunch bunch has ordered lunch from J.R.'s Wings and Things.  That is kind of a Friday tradition for us.  I look forward to having a special lunch.  Tonight and tomorrow Frank will be gone to school and I will be home alone.  I am going to do some house cleaning tonight....I have this desire to rearrange my house.  We bought a coffee table for the den yesterday at Longleaf and I am going to pick it up on my way home and I can't wait to get stuff done.  I hate it when Frank is gone...cause I miss him so much.....but I love it too...because I work when he is not there.  I hope you have a wonderful Friday night.  See you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Funny, I do not watch football but I loved those movies! Haven't seen Friendship Fields. Have fun rearranging the furniture.