If this is Wednesday then it must be Hodge Podge. Jump over to Joyce's blog and check out all the answers, join in by jumping over there too. It is fun and you get to know a good bit about everyone. Here are my answers for the week:
1. This Hodgepodge falls on the last day of the year this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day? Teaching at BRHS today and Rock Mills Youth tonight. I will also spend it sick. I have a nasty cold and right now am miserable. Hoping that once the medicine I just took kicks in I will be able to survive the day.
2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part? Probating my parents estate. People....make a will. This has been a hard year for me.
3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these forty days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far? I gave up french fries and am writing personal notes to people who have touched my life. I chose a twofer this round.
4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?
April last year when we had Randy's celebration party. We sat around a fire, played guitars, and sang, It does not get much better than that.
5. Surf and turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak) or a menu so you can select another option? I love surf and turf....so bring that bad boy on.
6. If you could have any television show back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose? I am like Joyce and will have to say the Andy Griffith Show. It was the epitome of feel good shows.
7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat? Somewhere between the two. My memory is dulling but it is still there.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. I don't like to argue and this is why. If and when I do argue it is over something that is life altering...it really does not matter to me that I am right.....but one night a group of us were talking about Disney World and when it opened. I said it opened in 1972 and I was there....everyone in the car agreed with me....except Frank. He was adamant that it opened somewhere around '75. I chose not to argue because I knew once I got home and to my computer I would show him the error of his thoughts. Just as we got to where we were going he said sweetly, "you know guys I think it was 1972."....you have got to love him....or take him home and strangle him. I just smiled. Frank loves to be right.....but when he isn't....he is man enough to own up.