Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Project 365 - Week 8

We have just completed our eighth week of Project 365.  This week I was at an Emmaus Walk so my pictures are all woodsy.  Hope you enjoy them.  Hop over to Sara's blog and check out the other pictures.

Sunday, February 19th

The Peppermint Camelia was a gift at church this morning from Mr. Laurice.  He is the cutest little guy.  I just love his sense of humor and his smile.    The baby booties were made by Mary Beth, also one of our church members....and yes...we are going to be grandparents.  Our daughter, Amy is having a baby in July.  They are naming her Amelia Maeve.  I am so in love with the name and the fact that they are going to have a baby.  I could just bust.

Monday, February 20th
Down a country dirt road off Hwy 22 between Daviston and New Site.

Tuesday, February 21st
Next day there I found another one between Daviston and Wadley.  I had never realized there were so many dirt roads off Hwy 22.


Wednesday, February 22nd


I arrived at Camp Alimisco today to begin the Emmaus Walk I was working.  Camp Alimisco is a Seventh-Day Adventist Camp outside of Dadeville, AL.  I will be here for the next 72 hours.

Thursday, February 23rd

One of my favorite things about Camp Alimisco are the Burma Shave type signs along the road in.  There are about 15 of them so I picked two of my favorite to share with you.  Ok....maybe three!

Friday, February 24th

Inside the gate at Alimisco.  I thought the little bears and the well were too cute.

Saturday, February 25th
Today was my last day at camp and I will be headed home soon.  I figured that since I had spent most of my week on Alimisco photos I would share my favorite place in the world there.
The ampitheater chapel at Camp Alimisco
Leaving Camp and heading back to Rock Mills.  The sun was hitting the road so beautifully and I had to smile because it was like God was shining down on me.  I knew this was a good Emmaus walk.  God Bless You all and I will see you next week.



10 comments:

riTa Koch said...

Lovely campgrounds.
I've never had the Emmaus experience, but son and dil have.
They are the ones expecting again, in October! I will definitely relate to your baby excitement.

LuAnn said...

What a fun camp to be at. I love the three crosses.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the Camelia, so pretty. I also love the country road shots.
Hope your having a nice weekend.

Mary said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful name! :)

semperfi said...

Love the Camelia, never seen one like that. The camp looks great, would love to go there some time.

Mimi said...

It looke like a lovely, spiritual time for you. Congratulations on the expected baby!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Robin Lambright said...

Congratulation Grandma! Very exciting news!

I am so glad you had a meaningful Emmaus experience.I coined a phrase after my first opportunity serving on an Emmaus weekend. There is normal tired then there is Emmaus Tired. After a long weekend of service in the kitchen, dorm or chapel you come home full of the Holy spirit but physically exhausted as well!

Blessings
R

Robin Lambright said...

Congratulation Grandma! Very exciting news!

I am so glad you had a meaningful Emmaus experience.I coined a phrase after my first opportunity serving on an Emmaus weekend. There is normal tired then there is Emmaus Tired. After a long weekend of service in the kitchen, dorm or chapel you come home full of the Holy spirit but physically exhausted as well!

Blessings
R

Alaina said...

Congrats Grandma!

The Bug said...

Congrats on the baby! I know you're just so excited :)

Love those burma shave signs - but that last picture wins - glorious!