Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

She Is My Friend!


Short post today....I have struggled with what to post all week....and then last night it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I would talk about what I know best.  When you are a pastor's wife and active in the church your husband is serving you are usually known as Mrs. Preacher, Sister Preacher, my Pastor's wife(and believe me I don't mind that title.  I love my husband and role of his helpmate).  At school I am me....and Frank is Mrs. Korb's husband....but at church....it is his world and I am just along for the ride. Well....you all know I am never along for the ride.  ANYWAYS....let's herd the cats and move on.  Last night we went to buy a used sewing machine and some lamps and I met a lovely young woman there.  She works with the woman who was selling the stuff.  when M did not introduce me....I introduced myself....and since I am so accustomed to saying it....said, "I am Karen Korb....M's pastor's wife".  The lady shook my hand...introduced herself....and told me she had heard a lot of good things about me....but never that I was M's pastor's wife.  M always talked about me....and said, "She is my friend."    I have to admit that one statement took my breath away and I nearly cried.  I love my church family.  They really and so near to my hear and rock my world....and if I could have found my voice last night....I would have told M that she "is my friend too!"  I am truly blessed!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Awwww...it's so nice to know that you're actually a friend and not the Pastor's wife! :)

sara said...

I totally get that! And it would have taken my breath away too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is so sweet. ((HUGS))