Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Road To Emmaus

I am part of an Emmaus Walk this week. I arrived at Camp Alimisco Weds. Night and will go home late Saturday afternoon. I was so excited about this when Sharon called and asked me to be part of the music team.....and then the devil and life got in the way and the closer the time came....the more reasons I could think of not to be here. Mt first reason was because I was going to miss the Ash Wednesday service.(As an Easter person....it is an important part of the preparation for Easter). I was sick was my second attempt....didn't work either. I was exhausted...and you don't come to one of these to rest. I would not be able to blog....well here I am....IPad and all. Wednesday I was still wanting to go home......and then I watched the movie about the Road to Emmaus and I knew this was the devil and I wrestling and I was supposed to be here. Thursday I did get sick....yep that old devil is working hard....and this morning it is storming. Everywhere you go in the camp....you walk....Thanks devil....usually after a rain there is a rainbow. Bet he didn't think of that. I have so much more to tell you all and will when I get home. Have an awesome Friday....today is Friday right? God bless and pray this storm does not blow us away.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you are there for a reason. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Robin Lambright said...

The Lord works in powerful ways at Emmaus. The evil one works even more diligently to prevent this.

The stories I could tell.....any time that people gather to glorify the Lord, grow in knowledge and deepen their spiritual commitment the evil one works overtime to place stumbling block in the path!

The experience of Emmaus is powerful!
Prayers for all those serving this weekend and for all the pilgrims!

Blessings
R