Yep, it is Wednesday and this is Hodge Podge. It is one of my favorite days of the week. Hodge Podge is a chance to get to know your fellow bloggers. Want to play? Hop over to Joyce's Blog and join in. We would love to have you. This weeks questions are:
1.George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?I want to meet all three….but since I have to chose Abraham Lincoln.I would want to talk to him about the Emancipation Proclamation.
2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?Fast Food is Chik-fil-a.Not so fast food is Outback.
3.When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?I will look at what all I did accomplish and say it is good!What I failed to accomplish was probably something I never should have tried anyways.
4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?Grapefruit take-‘em.When I was a child we had three Duncan (white) grapefruit trees in our backyard and I would eat them as a snack….could explain why I weighed so little then.I would have rather had the grapefruit than a cookie.I love them cut in half and eaten out of the hull and I love it juiced.I love grapefruits!I also love Temple oranges.We grew them as well.They are a little tart orange…kind of like a Clementine (which I love too).
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?There is a closet in my office that needs cleaning out.I clean out the clothes closets pretty regularly.My new thing is…something comes in….something goes out.I have been really good about adhering to this policy.The closet in the office is full of photos I need to get divided up between family members that were from my mom’s house.I just can’t seem to get the umph to do it.
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?Jesus, Paul, and Joseph.I have so many questions to ask them about history and their stories.
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?8.I can do it.I hate to do it.We don’t have to do it in my town.Than k goodness.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Today is National Gumdrop Day.This holiday honors the popular, gelatin-based candy.Gumdrops have been a favorite candy for many decades. Nowadays, the "Gummi" candies which are the same gelatin base, are the most popular gumdrop type of sweet.Do you prefer regular gumdrops or spiced ones?On National Gumdrop Day, you know what to do... eat Gumdrops to your heart's content!Do you know what children's board game includes gumdrops? Drop me a comment with your answer.
Have a great rest of the week. I hope you will stop by this weekend and check out my photos of the week on Project 365.
I am a woman who wears many hats and loves them all. I am a singer - I sing with the group Still Magnolias. I was part of the original First United Methodist Church Arbor Praise Team until we moved. After 24+ years of teaching English 11 and Spanish I - II at Benjamin Russell High School I decided to take a job closer to home. I now teach Spanish I & 2 at Randolph Co. High School and Wadley. I thought I was getting close to retirement and looking forward to it, but decided to move my cheese and try something different. I am a preacher's wife and a preacher myself. My husband Frank is the pastor at Rock Mills United Methodist Church and I am the pastor at Midway (Wedowee). It has made our conversations interesting, to say the least.