Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hodge Podge - Vol 66


Yep, it is Wednesday and this is Hodge Podge.  It is one of my favorite days of the week.  Hodge Podge is a chance to get to know your fellow bloggers.  Want to play?  Hop over to Joyce's Blog and join in.  We would love to have you.  This weeks questions are: 

1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?  I want to meet all three….but since I have to chose Abraham Lincoln.  I would want to talk to him about the Emancipation Proclamation. 

2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?   Fast Food is Chik-fil-a.  Not so fast food is Outback.

3. When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?  I will look at what all I did accomplish and say it is good!  What I failed to accomplish was probably something I never should have tried anyways.

4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?   Grapefruit take-‘em.  When I was a child we had three Duncan (white) grapefruit trees in our backyard and I would eat them as a snack….could explain why I weighed so little then.  I would have rather had the grapefruit than a cookie.  I love them cut in half and eaten out of the hull and I love it juiced.  I love grapefruits!  I also love Temple oranges.  We grew them as well.  They are a little tart orange…kind of like a Clementine (which I love too).

5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?   There is a closet in my office that needs cleaning out.  I clean out the clothes closets pretty regularly.  My new thing is…something comes in….something goes out.  I have been really good about adhering to this policy.  The closet in the office is full of photos I need to get divided up between family members that were from my mom’s house.  I just can’t seem to get the umph to do it.

6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?   Jesus, Paul, and Joseph.  I have so many questions to ask them about history and their stories.

7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?  8.  I can do it.  I hate to do it.  We don’t have to do it in my town.  Than k goodness.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Today is National Gumdrop Day.  This holiday honors the popular, gelatin-based candy.  Gumdrops have been a favorite candy for many decades. Nowadays, the "Gummi" candies which are the same gelatin base, are the most popular gumdrop type of sweet.  Do you prefer regular gumdrops or spiced ones?   On National Gumdrop Day, you know what to do... eat Gumdrops to your heart's content!    Do you know what children's board game includes gumdrops?  Drop me a comment with your answer.

Have a great rest of the week.  I hope you will stop by this weekend and check out my photos of the week on Project 365.

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

you went old school history with your famous people - love it :)

now I am craving a gumdrop!!! :)

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I like regular gumdrops. I'm off of sugar at this time so I will have to restrain from them today... wouldn't you know. Love your answers. Let's see, I would want to meet Jesus, Paul and Mary. I hope to meet many of Jesus people someday.

Hope your Valentines Day was sweet as can be!
Blessings & hugs, Sherry

April said...

Chick Fil-A all the way!!! National Gumdrop Day, huh? That's one candy I absolutely DETEST! Chocolate is more my style.

Joyce said...

Candyland!!

I tackled my office closet last year. I love it. It's a big walk in and sometimes I open the door and just admire my handiwork : )

Jocelyn said...

I want me some gumdrops now!!

...and I'd venture to guess.. candy land?

Hootin Anni said...

your famous people at the table....and that you have many questions for them...good one.

Gumdrops...either cherry or the licorice. I haven't had Chick Fil-A in ages...I do love their waffled potatoes.

MY LINK: DOWNTOWN PARK [you'll need to scroll down below my photo shares to read if you chose to stop by to visit!!]

Empty Nester said...

When we frequented fast food, we LOVED Chik-fil-a! Their waffle fries are to die for! I am going to adopt your closet policy! It's fantastic!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I would have picked Lincoln if I was interested in meeting them. Chick-fil-a is a great answer. I think I need to get me some grapefruits, haven't had one in a long time. I love Gummi Bears!