Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, May 20, 2013

Crazy Day - Part Deux

Frank and I have no hot water yet....so last night we decided to run to Gedney's for dinner.....forgetting of course that they were closed on Mondays.  That prompted us to run to LaGrange for dinner.  While headed to LaGrange we both saw a man stumble and fall out of the woods.  He did not get up when he fell so we turned around and went back to offer assistance.  By the time we returned to him he had semi-crawled to the edge of the road and appeared to be trying to flag someone down.  We stopped and got him to sit up next to the car.  He had been hit upside the head a number of times and was complaining of a massive headache.  Shortly after we stopped a Georgia Highway Patrol stopped...and then a few minutes later a Sheriff pulled in.  Of course we could not leave the scene because we had to answer questions and the young man was leaning up against my car.  He obviously had been drinking and admitted this to the police officers.  He had been at a State Park nearby and was trying to make it to his cousins house but became disoriented.  Once the ambulance arrived and they loaded him up we were released to go.  As I sat there watching the scenaio unfold I wondered if anyone we knew had passed....seen us stopped wtih not One but TWO police cars and an ambulance and wondered what the Rock Mills UMC preacher and his wife had been up to.  So...now if you saw us.....you know the rest of the story!    We were just being Good Samaritans.  What a crazy day...part deux!

No comments: