Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prayer for Oklahoma

 
Yesterday was a terrible weather day.  I have family and friends who live in the area where the tornado touched down and was very nervous for their safety until I got word that they were all ok.  I could not stay off the news, twitter, or facebook....hoping...waiting.  Yes, my friends and family were ok...but many others were not.  Today I want to just take a few moments and lift up a prayer for the families affected by this devastating tornado.  God Bless You All!
 
God Is Our Refuge
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult.
God is in the midst of the city; it shall not be moved;
God will help it when the morning dawns.
The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.

(from Psalm 46)

No comments: