Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, May 10, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Comfort

It is that time again.  Time to just free myself from all outside clutter and Stop. Drop. Write for five minutes.  It is easy some days and others it is like pulling teeth.  When you finish link up with Lisa-Jo's blog and see what others have written on the word of the day: Comfort.  Are you ready?

COMFORT

Go:
Hush little one.  The storm will be passing soon.  Hush my  precious soon the fever you are ablaze with will break.  Hush darling the night time terrors will leave us as God covers you with his loving hand.


I hear my words sung or spoken to my little one when she is afraid, ill, alone.  I sit there rocking her and holding her close to my heart....staring at her sweet little face....loving the comfort that she gives me.  Once she has settled down and is sleeping again....or investigating the world around her I seek my own comfort.  Her tiny cries of terror unnerved me.  I find my bible and seek my own comfort.  I find the verse I was seeking in John 14. 
14 Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  I believe and I am comforted.  I look at my sweet child's sleeping face and I smile.  Throughout my life I have found great comfort in God during times of death, divorce, separation, aging parents, alzheimers, and cancer.  No matter how painful the time was.....God has always been there.....comforting me.  I find myself smiling inside.  I am truly blessed to recieve the comfort of good friends, family, and an amazing God!
And when it comes the time for my life on earth to be over and for me to join my loved ones in heaven I know God will comfort those who are left behind to wait their turn.
 
STOP

No comments: