Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Imagine

Every week Lisa-Jo picks a post that is quite profound....at least it is for me.  There are some limited rules and if you need a springboard to writing this is a great place to start.  The most important rule of Five Minute Friday is leaving an encouraging comment for the person who linked up before you. So, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back
here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

OK, are you ready? Please give your best five minutes on:::

Imagine…

:GO:

When I saw the prompt for today all I could think about was John Lennon's song, "Imagine."  It continued to play in my head as I began to gather the lyrics for my post today.  I love the song and it is one of the few Beatles songs I can actually play on the piano.  I like to sit at the piano in the cool and quiet and imagine that I am a famous pianist.  I am not....I cannot read music....and really only play by ear.  But it is fun to imagine. I have always been able to imagine.  When I was a child I created stories in my head....about my life....about my future.....I never had imaginary friends....but boy did I have an active imagination.

Imagine there's no heaven(this is my least favorite line.  I believe in heaven.  I like to imagine what it will be like when I joined my loved ones there some day.)It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.


I am a child of the 60's/70's.  I grew up with strange thoughts and beliefs taking place....yet I was grounded in the church.  My parents saw to that.  I am thankful that they gave me this firm foundation....and sometimes....if I close my eyes really tight...and find my happy place....I imagine.  I imagine what it will be like to live in a world that is at peace, and see my loved ones again. 

STOP:

No comments: