Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy 11th Anniversary

Today, 11 years ago, my beautiful daughter came down the aisle and became the wife of Brian Jones, her high school sweetheart.  It was a blessed day because not only did she marry the man of her dreams, she married her best friend.  I first had Brian as a student when he was in the ninth grade and thought he was amazing.  I knew in my heart that he was the kind of young man I wanted Kat to date/marry.  Two years later when he was in the 11th grade and she was a ninth grader they met.  He went home and dreamed he married Mrs. Harrell's (last name at the time) daughter.  In October of her 9th grade year the two of us went to Six Flags with her friend Jill and her mom.....and Jill's brother Jeff and his good friend, Brian!  That was the beginning of this Cinderella story.  They were in the band together, Brian graduated and went off to college.....Kat graduated and went off to college......and one sunny day at the Shakepeare Festival Park in Montgomery....Brian planned a wonderful picnic, took his guitar, sang her a song, and asked her to be his wife.  She said yes.  Now here we are 11 years later and their life is taking a new turn.  In January they will be starting phase two of their lives together as missionaries in Moldova....and their lives continue to be blessed by God.  They are an amazing couple with an amazing love story.  Happy Anniversary to two people I love to the moon and bacK.
Life With Brian and Kat







My favorite shots of them are when they look at each other.  There is so much love in their eyes.  When you meet them.....and walk away....you have been blessed.....fully.  Happy Anniversary and wishing you both many more....with love.






"By My Side"

Don't you get ahead of me

and I won't leave you behind

if you get unhappy

show me a sign


there's no love like lost love

no pain like a broken heart

there's no love like you and me

and no loss like us apart


promises promise is

only a word

and when softly spoken

is never heard

 

and a heart

is not a stone

and is fragile

when alone



by my side

by my side

won't you be by my side

by my side

by my side

won't you be by my side



my care for you

is from the ground up to the sky

it's over under up above

down below and to the side



no use in pretending

no use in saving face

my love is never ending

you are my saving grace



by my side

by my side

won't you be by my side

by my side

by my side

won't you be by my side







No comments: