Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday Hodge Podge - Easy Peasy

Welcome to another edition of the weekly Wednesday Hodgepodge. The April A-Z blog challenge has come to a close and I am glad.  Here are my answers to Joyce's questions.

1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
I made a coconut poke cake using a recipe from my friend Amy.  It was delish and as easy as 1-2-3.
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May...what is something you may do this month?
I am going to South Carolina this weekend, the beach the last week of this month.  I may survive school!  That one is still up in the air.
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think." How do you see it?
I have to go both ways on this one.  There are a lot of things that make us sad and even more that make us laugh.  I like to find something funny in all situations.  Even with my mom's alzheimer's there were things to laugh at.
 
4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?  During the summer about once a week.  I love a home grilled burger.  I love it with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, ketchup, mustard.  Frank cooks the very best ones ever.
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
Yes, yes, and yes.  I love them all and I love them in pots on the porch or patio.  I love to garden...but plants don't love me too much.  I still do it.
 
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"
I honestly cannot remember. 
 
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
Caio April.  I have 18 days if school left (counting today). 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Do you remember maypoles?  As a child did you ever do the maypole dance?  I was reading a children's book the other day and the children were doing one and it made remember when I was a child.  Do they even do them anymore???
Happy May Day to you all!

No comments: